Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Thoughts Exactly

This is an article written by Shannon Hale (most of you know how much I love her) and it pretty much sums up my feelings exactly.

http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/index.asp?layout=talkBackCommentsFull&articleid=CA6600686&talk_back_header_id=6558881

It's not that I don't like the classics (I do, promise) but this explains why I love books like Shannon's or the Twilight Series. I love the stories and characters. I can devour Twilight a million times (and I am getting close to that :) because of the story in the book. That's the whole reason I fell in love with reading in the first place. (And yeah, I read Nancy Drew under the covers, too)

3 comments:

Melvin and Carly said...

Man, I went through so many batteries in that flashlight I had "hidden" under my bed! Mom always knew but let me read anyway.

I can totally relate to what Shannon Hale wrote in her article. A lot of the reading forced on us during school is pure drudgery. And people wonder why teenagers don't like to read! I too love the stories. I get involved in the characters' lives. Don't make me analyze it or do chapter summaries. Just let me enjoy it!

Sarah said...

Amen Carly!

Lindsey T said...

That's exactly why I dropped out of honors English the first week of 9th grade! I was able to get into AP English Senior year and it was torture! I was glad for the college credit, but I hated most of the books we read! I've always been more of a fantasy person too!