Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Thoughts Exactly

This is an article written by Shannon Hale (most of you know how much I love her) and it pretty much sums up my feelings exactly.

http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/index.asp?layout=talkBackCommentsFull&articleid=CA6600686&talk_back_header_id=6558881

It's not that I don't like the classics (I do, promise) but this explains why I love books like Shannon's or the Twilight Series. I love the stories and characters. I can devour Twilight a million times (and I am getting close to that :) because of the story in the book. That's the whole reason I fell in love with reading in the first place. (And yeah, I read Nancy Drew under the covers, too)

3 comments:

Melvin and Carly said...

Man, I went through so many batteries in that flashlight I had "hidden" under my bed! Mom always knew but let me read anyway.

I can totally relate to what Shannon Hale wrote in her article. A lot of the reading forced on us during school is pure drudgery. And people wonder why teenagers don't like to read! I too love the stories. I get involved in the characters' lives. Don't make me analyze it or do chapter summaries. Just let me enjoy it!

Sarah said...

Amen Carly!

Shafer and Lindsey said...

That's exactly why I dropped out of honors English the first week of 9th grade! I was able to get into AP English Senior year and it was torture! I was glad for the college credit, but I hated most of the books we read! I've always been more of a fantasy person too!